Fast growing, leading edge design company in the northern Syracuse suburbs. Very unique high tech environment not found elsewhere in the Central New York area. Work with, explore, and introduce new technologies. This PHP developer role will be responsible for maintaining, managing and developing Joomla applications.
Role and Team
- Small team environment
- VERY entrepreneurial, with developers working on solo projects often
- Joomla / Linux environment, risk taking and trying new technologies strongly encouraged
- Agile methodologies followed lightly, with some small team breakouts and programmer pairings.
- Dynamic, growth environment with lots of exposure to new technologies.
Required Skills and Background
- Strong Joomla, PHP, Linux server administration background
- Ability to create and handle graphics with Photoshop
- Develop, manage and maintain existing internet and intranet applications primarily in a PHP, Linux environment
- Implement and monitor sites, server security, patching and monitoring procedures.
- Integrate data and applications
- Work SEO & marketing teams on site optimization and content
- Develop database-driven Web interfaces
- Develop external portals various users and audiences to input and retrieve data
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, MIS, or related experience not required but a plus.
- Minimum 5 years experience in web design, development and server management in a PHP, Linux environment.
- Experience with hardware and software issues in a PHP, Linux environment. Including shared and dedicated management systems.
- Understanding of SEO optimization and security.
- Experience with Open Source CMS such as Joomla.